That is the only word I could come up with. Most have you already heard but if you haven't here is a recap. On Thursday for the first time in almost 9 years Dave came home for lunch. As he made his way to our backdoor he watched as 3 teens jumped the fence. Taking a look at the back of the house he realized that they had come from inside our home. He got back in his car and chased on of the teens and called the police. After returning to the house with a police officer Dave found Luke hiding under my computer desk. The teens had thrown bricks at Luke to scare him away from them. Thankfully all three were apprehended and they didn't make off with anything from our home except our sense of security which we plan to fix. I felt very violated, scared and sad that day, but now I just feel anger and I want justice. These young men should have been in school not breaking in to homes of young families that are doing their best to make our homes and neighborhoods look good.
We would like to Thank Dave and Andrea for helping us clean up before the boys came home (We have chosen NOT to tell them). You guys have become such great friends. We also want to say thank you to all those that called, emailed and prayed for us!
I've attached 2 pics. First is the Power they cut so if we had an alarm it wouldn't work (Where do 15 year olds learn this?) Second is the window they broke and climbed in.

2 comments:
How horrible! I'm just glad they caught up with those kids! That's crazy Dave just happened to come home right in the knick of time!
I did hear about this from my mom and have been meaning to call. Hope you are doing okay now, I would be so angry, too. And poor Luke. That really upsets me!
Post a Comment